Blašč’s kozolec from Praprotnica
The homestead on which the single cloaked kozolec (hayrack) stood was known as Blašč’s place and is located in Praprotnica. The single kozolec boasts two “štanta” and a cloak (roofed area) for storing vehicles, tools, etc. No one remember when exactly it was built and its age is undetermined. Oak was used for the pillars and beams, and spruce wood for the other parts. Blašč’s kozolec was not frequently used. The longer side faced the forest so produce didn’t dry quickly and, when drying took place, a lot of the grain was eaten by birds.
The roof was thatched until the 1970s, with the last renovation done in 1936. In the 1970s the kozolec underwent thorough renovation – the straw was replaced by clay roofing and the kozolec was placed on stone platforms known as “babe”.
Lately, Blašč’s kozolec was used for storing wood and farm machinery, while the children used it to play hide-and-seek.
The kozolec was placed at the homestead at the side of the road and the forest, and often travellers would spend the night on it. Otherwise it was used for drying wheat, beans, and hay. There were no accidents or fires connected with it. Aside from the one in the museum, there was another “goat” kozolec, or “cvitar”, on the homestead. They say of Blašč’s kozolec: “It must be over 100 years old. I talked to my mother’s cousin. He says there’s not a man alive who remembers it being built. It was really oddly built – facing north, the only one in the village and it was odd, because things didn’t dry properly on it and we didn’t use it a lot.”
Blašč’s kozolec is 4 m wide, 8.3 m long, and 5 m tall.
- Ostrvi from Bela Krajina
- Roofless kozolec from the Ribnica valley
- Lah’s kozolec from Migolica
- Pluskar’s kozolec from Brezovica pri Mirni
- Šraj’s kozolec from Velike Pece
- Rantah’s kozolec from Vrh
- Šepec–Lash’s kozolec from Dolenja Nemška vas
- Lap’s toplar from Bistrica near Šentrupert
- The hill toplar from Prelesje
- Kamnar’s toplar from Ravnik
- Blašč’s kozolec from Praprotnica
- Zatler’s toplar from Rakovnik pri Šentrupertu
- Luka’s toplar from Trstenik
- Grčarjev toplar
- Franckov kozolec from Draga pri Šentrupertu
- Žmavčev kozolec from Straža
- Ziherle’s toplar from Slepšek
- Gabrijel’s kozolec from Rodine pri Trebnjem
- Jurglič’s toplar from Prelesje
Dezela kozolcev Sentrupert, d.o.o.
tuesday9.00 - 16.00
wednesday9.00 - 16.00
thursday9.00 - 16.00
friday9.00 - 16.00
saturday9.00 - 16.00
sunday9.00 - 16.00